Individuals & Families
Providing individuals of all means an opportunity to create and perform social good.
If you or your family would like to ...
- establish a permanent legacy to memorialize a loved one
- create a family tradition of giving for generations to come
- organize and simplify your charitable giving
- free yourself from administrative paperwork and receive flexible and personalized service to support your grantmaking
- maintain anonymity if desired, with your personal grantmaking
- receive the maximum charitable tax deduction allowable under IRS regulations
- receive an immediate tax deduction, but want flexibility in the timing of grant distributions
- avoid capital gain taxes on donations of appreciated securities
- reduce estate taxes, resulting in greater transfer of wealth to loved ones
...then establishing a fund in the Long Island Community Foundation may be right for you!
Incorporating charitable giving into your overall financial plan can produce significant tax advantages while enabling you to support the causes that are important to you.
Establishing a fund in the Long Island Community Foundation provides a simple and effective way for you to manage your charitable giving, while creating a legacy for yourself or a loved one. Through our flexible and personalized services we work with you to achieve your philanthropic goals.
Whether you wish to make an immediate gift of cash, property and/or securities, or are planning a future gift through your Will from your estate, our professional staff will work with you to ensure that your gifts have the greatest impact on the causes you care about most.
Establishing a fund at LICF enables you to...
- name a fund and create a family legacy
- determine and choose your level of grantmaking involvement
- simply and effectively make grants locally, nationally and internationally
- donate a large variety of assets to start or add to a fund, including closely held stock and other securities not publicly traded
- receive the maximum tax deduction available under IRS regulations, including market value deductions for appreciated property
- give anonymously if you desire, or with full recognition if you prefer
- achieve your charitable goals as LICF provides the tools and resources that make giving easy, flexible and effective
- include loved ones in your giving
- reduce your tax burden in years of unprecedented earnings from the sale of real estate, a business or appreciated stock
- avoid the costly start-up fees and operating expenses associated with a private foundation
- receive numerous advantages over a commercial fund
Working for you, LICF...
- ensures distribution of charitable gifts according to your wishes over the course of your lifetime and beyond
- provides you with full access to a professional staff with expertise in the local community
- provides you learning opportunities
- facilitates peer networking and donor collaborations
- acts as a resource that closely monitors community issues and opportunities in order to make your giving as effective as possible
- enables you to become part of an organization that acts as a community catalyst, convening diverse voices and groups to
- effectively work on solutions to local issues
- understands your need to remain flexible as your grantmaking motives may shift over time
- improves the likelihood that your gifts will positively affect society
Establishing a fund enables you to focus on your charitable giving... we take care of the rest!
- You benefit from economies of scale by being part of The New York Community Trust (NYCT), one of the oldest and largest community foundations in the nation with over $2 billion in assets
- Your fund is invested and managed by nationally acclaimed investment managers
- You have online access to your fund through MyNYCT
- You receive quarterly reports on your fund
- Administrative fees are modest, especially when considering the services available to LICF donors
- We maintain sound internal fund accounting procedures with clean audits and unqualified audit opinions
- We can manage all types of gift transactions including cash, stock and various types of property.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits a fund can offer, please feel free to contact Marie Smith at (631) 991-8800 ext. 223 or email@example.com.