Why Donors Choose LICF
Donors today have many options for their philanthropy - community foundations, private foundations, commercial gift funds, large nonprofits, and trust companies. So why choose the Long Island Community Foundation?
- We're experienced. Our parent organization established our first fund in 1924 and made our first grant the same year.
- We're experts. Our staff and that of the NYCT is nationally respected for its grantmaking, financial management, and excellent service.
- We're here for the long haul. We honor the legacies of past donors forever, making grants for today's problems from funds set up many years ago.
- We know Long Island. Our grant staff works with hundreds of local nonprofits, walks our neighborhood streets, and joins with other foundations and government to get things done. And, if you have interests outside Long Island, we can help through our networks around the country.
- We're flexible. Whether you want to do your giving now or leave a legacy for future generations, we can help you start a fund that meets your needs.